To learn how you can become a member of ABT, please fill out a request for membership form below and attend our next Membership 101 class.
Our next Membership 101 class will be on November 7, 2021. We ask that you fill out the Request for Membership form (below) prior to attending the class.
Request for Membership Form
Each person (or spouse) requesting membership needs to fill out a Request for Membership form in its entirety.
Please read the following sentences about what we believe AS A CHURCH:
- The Devil is a spiritual being whose pride and lust for Lordship over God resulted in his falling from holiness. He now exists solely for the purpose of opposing God and tempting His people.
- All things were created by God in six literal days. As written in the Genesis account, every being was created after its own kind and likeness.
- Man, created in the image of God, was innocent before God, but voluntarily fell from his sinless and happy state, a consequence of which all mankind are now sinners.
- Jesus Christ was born of a virgin and is the Son of God.
- The atonement of sins comes solely through the perfect life and sacrifice of Jesus Christ who by His death and resurrection satisfied the wrath of God and covered the transgressions of mankind.
- In order to be saved, sinners must be born again. Becoming a new creation in Christ Jesus is wholly and solely by the power of the Holy Spirit in connection with divine truth, so as to secure our voluntary obedience to the Gospel.
- In God’s electing grace, salvation is made free to all through the shed blood of Christ on the cross. Nothing prevents the salvation of the greatest sinner on earth but his own inherent depravity and voluntary rejection of the Gospel.
- Justification is not by of any works of righteousness which we have done; but solely through faith in the Redeemer’s blood. His righteousness is imputed unto us.
- Repentance and faith are solemn obligations. Being deeply convicted of our guilt and helplessness, we can turn to God, receive the Lord Jesus Christ and openly confess Him as our only and all-sufficient Savior.
- A Baptist church is a congregation of baptized believers where the one and only superintendent is Christ through the Holy Spirit associated by a covenant of faith and fellowship of the Gospel:
- observing the ordinances of Christ,
- governed by His laws,
- exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Word whose pastors and elders are qualified according to the scriptures.
We believe the mission of the church is found in the Great Commission:
- to make individual disciples;
- to build up the church;
- to teach and instruct as He has commanded.
- Biblical baptism is the immersion of a believer in water, in the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
- The Lord’s supper is when the members of the church, by the sacred use of bread and juice commemorate the dying love of Christ.
- There is a radical and essential difference between the righteous and the wicked. Only through faith are we justified and made righteous.
- Christians are encouraged to pray for, honored, and obey civil government who are in place by divine appointment except when opposed clear scriptural teaching.
- Scripture teaches a literal resurrection of Jesus Christ in three days. Those who are in Christ Jesus shall be united with him at the second coming.
- It is the duty and priority of believers individually and collectively to share the gospel and take it to all nations.
- The giving of the tithe is an act of worship for all believers to thank God for what he is doing.
- God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female.
- The term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as taught in Scripture (Genesis 2:18-25).
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality is sinful and offensive to God (Matthew 15:18-20; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10).
- All life is sacred and created by God in His image (Genesis 1:27). Life is of inestimable worth, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged. Every stage or condition of life from conception through natural death is valuable.