To learn how you can become a member of ABT, please fill out a request for membership form below and attend our next Membership 101 class.
Our next Membership at ABT class will be on Sunday, June 7 at 10am in room 119. We ask that you fill out the Request for Membership form (below) prior to attending the class.
Request for Membership Form
Each person (or spouse) requesting membership needs to fill out a Request for Membership form in its entirety.
Please read the following sentences about what we believe AS A CHURCH:
- The Devil is a spiritual being whose pride and lust for Lordship over God resulted in his falling from holiness. He now exists solely for the purpose of opposing God and tempting His people.
- All things were created by God in six literal days as written in the Genesis account of creation and that every being was created after its own kind and likeness.
- Man, created in the image of God, was innocent before God, but by voluntary transgression fell from his sinless and happy state, a consequence of which all mankind are now sinners.
- Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit in a miraculous manner; born of Mary, a virgin, as no other man was ever born or can ever be born of a woman, and that He is both the Son of God and God, the Son.
- The atonement of sins comes solely through the perfect life, and sacrifice of Jesus Christ who by his death and resurrection satisfied the wrath of God and covered the transgressions of mankind.
- In order to be saved, sinners must be born again; that the new birth is a new creation in Christ Jesus; that the new creation is brought about in a manner above our comprehension, not by culture, not by character, nor by the will of man, but wholly and solely by the power of the Holy Spirit in connection with divine truth, so as to secure our voluntary obedience to the Gospel.
- In God’s electing grace; that the blessings of salvation are made free to all by the Gospel; and nothing prevents the salvation of the greatest sinner on earth but his own inherent depravity and voluntary rejection of the Gospel.
- Justification is bestowed not in consideration of any works of righteousness which we have done; but solely through faith in the Redeemer’s blood, His righteousness is imputed unto us.
- Repentance and Faith are solemn obligations, and also inseparable graces; thereby, being deeply convicted of our guilt, danger and helplessness, we turn to God receiving the Lord Jesus Christ and openly confessing Him as our only and all-sufficient Savior.
- A Baptist Church is a congregation of baptized believers where the one and only superintendent is Christ through the Holy Spirit, associated by a covenant of faith and fellowship of the Gospel; observing the ordinances of Christ; governed by His laws; exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Word; whose pastors and elders are qualified according to the scriptures; we believe the mission of the church is found in the Great Commission: First, to make individual disciples; Second, to build up the church; Third, to teach and instruct as He has commanded.
- Christian baptism is the immersion in water of a believer, in the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit; that it is prerequisite to the privileges of a church relation and to the Lord’s supper, in which the members of the church, by the sacred use of bread and the fruit of the vine are to commemorate together the dying love of Christ.
- It is a believer’s genuine attachment to Christ that is the power by which they shall endure to the end and that only those who endure are true believers.
- There is a radical and essential difference between the righteous and the wicked; that such only as through faith are justified and sanctified are truly righteous in His esteem; while all others are in His sight wicked.
- Civil government is of divine appointment; that magistrates are to be prayed for, honored and obeyed; except only in things opposed to the will of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- There was a literal resurrection of Jesus Christ in three days; the resurrection of the dead, and that those who are in Christ Jesus shall be reunited with him at the second coming.
- It is the duty and priority of the church individually and collectively to take the gospel to all nations.
- The giving of the tithe is an act of worship for all believers to thank God for what he is doing.
- God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female.
- The term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18-25).
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality is sinful and offensive to God (Matthew 15:18-20; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10).
- All human life is sacred and created by God in His image (Genesis 1:27). Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death.